The most vital piece of digital brand building today is developing a consistent digital brand strategy to use as a guide for successful business growth. The rewards of this process will guarantee long-term gains for your business or personal brand, but you have to start somewhere.
In this article, I’ll share insight on:
- Developing a digital brand strategy guide for growth
- 3 digital brand strategy areas to focus on
Let’s get started.
First, we’ll review the basic definitions of online brand strategies and digital branding.
What is a brand strategy?
A brand strategy is a comprehensive plan that focuses on the long-term development of your brand purpose, consistency, and emotional impact. It defines how you differentiate from the competition with a unique identity.
Brand strategies are based on specific goals like:
- Increasing overall awareness
- Building positive perception through interaction
- Encouraging loyalty and advocacy
What is a digital strategy?
A digital strategy is part of an overall marketing plan. It focuses on all the components that help drive business growth in the form of leads and sales generated. This occurs mainly via online channels.
While brand strategy aims at positioning your business, digital strategy determines the tools to get you there.
A digital strategy plan might include things such as:
- Website user experience
- SEO & content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Paid advertising (PPC)
3 Areas to focus on
- Share authoritative content in your industry – People are always looking for information. Content is a great way to define your brand as one who is interested in helping and teaching people at no-cost. You can use a blog or video.
- Be a guest blogger on other brands platforms – This is one of the most effective ways to expand your reach and get you content in front of an interested and responsive audience, especially if you’re still building your following. You can use these types of opportunities to grow your email audience and so forth.
- Keep content and images consist and well as your posting on social platforms – The only way people can find you is if you are posting content. Social media marketing is huge, beyond paid ads, you want an organic and genuine connection with your followers, they will end up being walking ads for you.
With all that has been said you want to keep everything fresh, current, and consistent to encourage the highest engagement and possibly your overall ROI. We’re thinking of doing a post on Social Ads. If that’s something you are interested drop a comment below this post or connect with us on our socials profiles, Instagram and Facebook.
We’re in the lab creating a great tool kit to help you strengthen your digital strategy. Stay tuned for that!